School Nursing Team
School Nursing teams work with children, families, school staff and other agencies to support the health and well-being of school-age children across Dorset.
Every school in Dorset has a named school nurse, who maintains regular contact with their school to promote healthy lifestyles and offer practical advice, information and support.
School nurses can provide:
- health screening and assessments
- healthy eating, weight management and physical activity advice
- parenting advice
- emotional health & well-being support
- bed-wetting (enuresis) clinics
- hearing tests
- parent/carer/school staff drop-in sessions (primary schools only)
- 1:1 appointments with young people
- referrals and/or signposting to other services
- ChatHealth text messaging service
- NCMP growth measurements in Yr R and Yr 6
- training for school staff to deal with emergency epilepsy and allergic reactions
- support around safeguarding/child protection issues.
If you need to see, or speak to a member of the School Nursing Team, please make contact either via the school or using the details below.
The Moordown Clinic contact number is 01202 518260.
Please see the link below for the Dorset health care website, where you will find COVID-19 related updates to service and further information.
When should I report to CEOP?
We help children stay safe online. Has someone acted inappropriately towards you online, or to a child or young person you know? It may be sexual chat, being asked to do something that makes you feel uncomfortable or someone being insistent on meeting up. You can report it to us below.