We are an all-age community of Christians from across Bournemouth and Poole who are seeking to follow Jesus in our daily lives.
St Mark’s Church has been here since 1870 and is a Church of England (Anglican) church.
In 1970 a more spacious porch was added to the church, allegedly so that brides could more decorously adjust their wedding dresses, but in 1986 growing congregations necessitated a major extension to the building.
A design was chosen that, although strikingly modern, fitted superbly with the original Victorian concept. The new design was built northwards from the original church and incorporated the chancel as a chapel.
The new memorial window, the warmth of the timbered roof and the gleaming brass of the chandeliers with tiers of sparkling globes are an inspiration to worshippers.